From man-made structures to natural wonders, the world is filled with things that inspire awe. Take this quiz to see how well you know the world around you.
1. Where is the world’s first UFO landing pad?
A. New York City, New York
B. Halifax, Nova Scotia
C. St. Paul, Alberta
D. Hollywood, California
2. What is the world’s tallest free-standing structure?
A. The CN Tower in Toronto
B. The Empire State Building in New York
C. Shaquille O’Neal
D. The Pyramids in Egypt
Did you know? The tallest building in the world, the CN Tower celebrated its 30th birthday this year on June 26th.
3. The tallest standing structure partially under water is the Magnolia Tension Leg Platform off the Gulf of Mexico. How tall is it?
A. 996.6 m
B. 27 ft
C. 13.6 m
D. 1,762.3 m
4. Which of these is NOT one of the Modern Wonders?
A. The Eaton Centre
B. The Empire State Building
C. The Panama Canal
D. The Channel Tunnel
5. The Opera House is located in
A. Christchurch, New Zealand
B. Brighton, Ontario
C. Sydney, Australia
D. Acropolis, Athens
6. Big Buddha is
A. a religion.
B. a guy with a big belly.
C. a landmark in Hong Kong.
D. the name given to the most important monk.
7. I have the faces of four United States presidents carved on me. What’s my name?
A. Mount Everest
B. Mount Sinai
C. Mount Rushmore
D. Mount Sebastian
8. When translated, “Taj Mahal,” the name of a palace located in lndia, means
A. The Place of India.
B. The People’s Mall.
C. The Ornament of Palace.
D. The Hall of Peace.
9. How much did the Hoover Dam cost to make?
A. $7.3 million
B. $2.8 billion
C. Nothing, it came to be after a natural disaster.
D. $15.1 million
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
There are many wonders of the world, from past to present day, both under water and above, including the Forgotten Wonders, Natural Wonders, and Modern Wonders. But do you know what the original wonders are? Inspired by things like mythology, religion, and art, ancient Egyptian civilizations constructed seven projects, known as the Seven Ancient
Wonders of the World:
• The Statue of Zeus
• The Temple of Artemis (Diana) at Ephesus
• The Colossus of Rhodes
• The Pharos (Lighthouse) of Alexandria
• The Pyramids of Egypt
• The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
• The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
After many natural disasters and fires, The Pyramids of Egypt are the only Ancient Wonder still around today.
Geographical Landmarks Quiz
How did you do?
Give yourself two points for each correct answer.
If you scored 10 or higher, you know your stuff. You should definitely be doing well in geography class. You rock at this!
If you have less than 10 points, you
might be a bit out of touch. Hit the books, turn on the news, and you’ll be a world expert in no time. Good luck!
1.C; 2.A; 3.A; 4.A; 5.C; 6.C; 7.C; 8.C; 9.A